- 4 cups (370 g) rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 cups (240 g) mixed nuts or seeds of your choice flaked almonds, coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, pecans, walnuts… (use what is appropriate for any allergies)
- ½ cup (110 g) coconut oil preferred or use avocado, grape seed
- ⅓ cup (110 g) maple syrup, may use agave
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, dates, apricots, raisins)
Preheat your oven to 160°C / 320°F.
First, melt the coconut oil. We usually do this in a glass measuring cup in the microwave in 30 second intervals, but you can also melt it gently on low heat in a saucepan.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients – melted coconut oil, maple syrup, oats and your chosen nuts or seeds – and mix together.
Transfer to a large lined baking tray (line with parchment paper is best but a silicone sheet also works) spread out and press down on the mixture with a spatula.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir once after 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add any dried fruit and leave to cool on the baking tray. The granola will still be soft when it comes out of the oven, but crisps up as it cools.
Transfer to an airtight container for storage. Mason jars work great.
Nutritional Info (will vary depending on your ratio of nuts and seeds added)
Calories 178 kcal in ¼ cup serving size
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg