Our integrative approach to pediatric health incorporates safe natural therapies like manual therapy known to improve the health of infants and children. When needed these treatments become part of the individualized care plan for appropriate patients. Our providers bring knowledge that allows us to offer the most holistic and natural approach to preventing illness or injury. Our goal is to guide you and your child to a lifetime of healthy habits and healthy living.
Manual therapy is a set of hands-on techniques used by our licensed practitioners to assess, treat, and prevent illness or injury. Through touch, our manual therapy providers move a patient’s muscles, soft tissues, and joints using various techniques that include stretching, gentle pressure and resistance.
When appropriate, manual therapy can replace the need for pain medications and complements traditional treatments.
Through manual therapy, providers apply a specific amount of pressure to different regions on the body. These techniques can help:
- Treat structural and tissue abnormalities
- Relieve joint restriction and misalignment
- Restore muscle and tissue balance
- Promote the overall movement of blood flow throughout the body
- Reduce or relieve pain
- Improve athletic performance
- Reduce pregnancy back pain
- Align the pelvis after delivery for faster postpartum recovery
- Help alleviate birth trauma for Mom and Baby
- Help correct infant skull shape (Cranial orthosis)
Massage therapy is also a form of manual therapy performed by licensed massage therapists. Our office will also be offering a variety of therapeutic massage packages.